Last Updated July 1, 2020
If you choose not to provide any requested Personal Data, you may be unable to access certain areas of the Website, register to use or purchase our products or services, or receive communications from us regarding our products or services or the Website.
Our Site may contain links to third-party websites and services that are not owned or controlled by BeaconLive. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of third-party websites, services and advertisements, and you visit them at your own risk. This Policy only applies to Personal Data collected by BeaconLive, and does not apply to any Personal Data collected by any third party. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with privacy policies applicable to any websites and services operated by third parties as we are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third parties.
B. Type of Information BeaconLive Collects
We may receive and/or collect information, including Personal Data, in the following ways:
Your Activities On and Use of the Website: BeaconLive may automatically collect information about your activities on and/or usage of the Website. Activity information we automatically collect may include which web pages you visited, the Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) identifying the website you came from or visit after you leave the Website, the average time you spent on the Website, information—including Personal Data—you’ve previously shared with BeaconLive, your domain, your computer’s Internet Protocol(“IP”) address, etc. (defined below). In addition, if you are logged into a password protected area, we may associate that information with your account. To accomplish this, we may use the following:
- Web Beacons – Web Beacons are strings of code placed on a web page in conjunction with Cookies (defined below). Web Beacons are able to track the number of you that visit a website and, in conjunction with cookies, identify the IP address and personalize the website experience. Web Beacons may also be used to collect anonymous and/or aggregate, unidentifiable information such as how many you attended a virtual event.
- IP Address and Device Information – The IP address is the numerical label associated with the location of your computing device. We also may collect device ID, device type and browser operating system type.
- Cookies and other Network Activity Information, including Location Information – In some cases, BeaconLive may use HTTP cookies (web cookies, Internet cookies, browser cookies), Flash Cookies (cookies that are not related to a specific browser, further described below), clear GIFs (a.k.a. Web Beacons), and log file information (a file that records either events that occur in an operating system or other software runs, or messages between different you of a communication software) to: (a) store information so that you will not have to reenter it during your visit or the next time you visit the event; (b) provide customer, personalized content and information; or (c) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, pages, viewed, and similar information. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is placed on your computer or on your mobile phone/tablet (collectively referred to herein as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. There are two different types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are held temporarily and disappear when you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits. Cookies are widely used to provide certain features of a website, to make websites perform more efficiently, and to provide information to Beacons of the website. Each BeaconLive event and/or webcast can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it. For events and webcasts, cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to present content that align with your interests. you have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued or not to receive cookies at any time. If you do not opt in to receiving cookies and/or set your device to not receive cookies, certain personalized features cannot be provided to you, and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website’s features.
- Third-Party Cookies – You may be presented with cookies from third-party websites and providers that are not related to BeaconLive. For example, when you view a web page with content embedded from a third-party provider, you may be presented with cookies from such provider. BeaconLive does not control the dissemination of these third-party cookies. In general, you should check the third-party websites for more information regarding that third-party’s data practices and policies. In addition, BeaconLive provides an optional single sign-on using social networks including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google and Microsoft Live ID. If you are logging into a BeaconLive event using a social network credential, the applicable third party, and not BeaconLive, will set cookies. BeaconLive does not control or have any access to the cookie information these social networks may set.
- Local Storage – BeaconLive uses browser local storage on personal computers and mobile devices to deliver its services.
Content: Any Personal Data or content that you voluntarily upload or otherwise disclose while on the Website, including but not limited to information disclosed on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within a profile page, or images or any other content you provide (“Content”), becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. In addition, if you are given the ability to log into your account with any social networking website, or post Content on such site, other third-party website, or through the Website, such Content may be made available to other parties and associated with your Personal Data. Personal Data uploaded in association with any BeaconLive event or webcast is only used for and shared with the particular customer of BeaconLive for that event. Data that is in an aggregate, de-identified form that is no longer considered Personal Data and does not allow the identification of individual you may be used by BeaconLive for purposes of research and analysis.
C. Purposes for Which BeaconLive Collects Information
Operation, Maintenance and Flagging: If you submit Personal Data through the Website, BeaconLive may use it to operate, maintain, and provide you with the general and personalized features and functionality of the Website, provide you with the BeaconLive products and services you request or order, complete transactions, or communicate with you. We may also use such Personal Data to process any flagging activity or correspondence you send to us.
Messaging: Your user account registration information may be displayed in password protected areas to other you. If you choose to receive email from BeaconLive, we may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. Web Beacons) in HTML-based emails sent to you to track which emails are opened by recipients.
No Commercial Marketing: BeaconLive will not use your email address or other Personal Data to send commercial or marketing messages for our benefit without your consent, except as part of a specific program or feature or other business relationship for which you opt in. We will not share your Personal Data with third-party marketers.
Non-Marketing or Administrative Uses: BeaconLive may use your email address without your consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes, such as notifying you for customer service reasons.
Quality & Features: BeaconLive may use Personal Data and certain non-personally identifiable information in furtherance of its legitimate interest to improve the quality and design of the Website and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, analyzing, and processing user preferences and trends, as well as user activity and communications, to improve or personalize your experience, to improve or manage the Website or products and services, to provide features available on the Website, to operate and improve our products and services, for market research, to analyze the Website, and to ensure the technical functionality and security of the Website.
URLs & IP Address: When you visit the Website through a referral, BeaconLive automatically receives the URL of the site from which you came. We also receive the Internet protocol (IP) address of your computer, your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, as well as the name of your Internet service provider (“ISP”). This information may be used by BeaconLive in furtherance of its legitimate interests to analyze overall trends, determine the domain from which you came, who visits the Website, to understand the needs of Website visitors, or to help us improve the BeaconLive service.
The Personal Data is processed at Beacons operating offices and in any other locations where the parties involved in the processing are located.Depending on your location, data transfers may involve transferring your Personal Data to a country other than your own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Personal Data, your can refer to the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data.
Your are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Personal Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by Beacon to safeguard your PersonalData. If any such transfer takes place,you can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with Beacon using the information provided in the contact section.
E. Access to Your Information
You have the following rights with respect to the Personal Data we hold about you:
- The right to know what Personal Data we hold about you. If you would like to know what personal data we hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com;
- The right to correct, amend, change and delete Personal Data about you. If you have questions regarding the correction, deletion, or updating of the personal data we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- The right to opt out of receiving electronic direct marketing communications from us. All electronic direct marketing communications that you may receive from us, such as email messages and SMS-messages, give you an option of not receiving such communications from us in the future. If you have any additional questions about electronic direct marketing received from us, please contact us at email@example.com; and
- If you are a resident of the European Union (the “EU”), you may have the right to lodge a complaint relating to our processing of personal data with a data protection authority (“DPA”) of the EU Member State in which you reside. Click here to learn more about BeaconLive's compliance with the EU's General Data Protection Regulation.
F. Sharing of Personal Data with Third Parties
We share Personal Data about you with third parties for the purposes detailed below. Please note that this Policy does not apply to third parties, BeaconLive is not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties, and that you should consult the respective privacy policies of third parties for more information on their practices.
G. Security & Data Integrity
BeaconLive takes reasonable steps to prevent the loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction of Personal Data about you. In addition, BeaconLive takes appropriate security measures to safeguard Personal Data about you once we have received it. Despite these efforts to store Personal Data collected on and through the Website and otherwise by us in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Data during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of Personal Data, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-parties such as so-called hackers from illegally obtaining access to Personal Data. We do not warrant or represent that Personal Data about you will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
H. Data Retention
BeaconLive will not keep Personal Data longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which they were collected. BeaconLive will take all reasonable steps to destroy, or erase from our systems, all data which is no longer required. BeaconLive retains most Personal Data for up to five (5) years from the date it is no longer used and may retain some personal data for a longer period, to comply with our legal obligations, in relation to that Personal Data.
I. Children’s Privacy
The Website is not directed to children younger than thirteen (13) years of age. We do not intend to collect Personal Data from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not use the Website and do not send any information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately.
J. International Transfers of Personal Data
Some elements of the Website and/or our products and services may be hosted on servers located in countries outside the United States. The laws applicable to the protection of Personal Data in such countries may be different from those applicable in your home country. In particular, if you are located within the European Union (the “EU”)/European Economic Area (the “EEA”) or Switzerland, please note that Personal Data collected by us may be transferred outside those countries. By using the Website or our products or services, you consent to Personal Data about you being transferred outside your own country and, where applicable, outside the EU, EEA or Switzerland.
K. European Union and Swiss Data Transfer and Protection
This Privacy Shield Policy supplements, but does not replace, all other policies, practices, and procedures at BeaconLive, including any confidentiality agreements, privacy notices, or other agreements, as well as applicable laws. BeaconLive affirms that while it understands that certification to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield is voluntary, effective compliance is compulsory. The Principles apply to BeaconLive immediately upon certification.
BeaconLive remains responsible and liable under the Principles if third-party agents that it engages to process Personal Data on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless BeaconLive proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
In compliance with the Principles, BeaconLive commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of Personal Data about you within 45 days. Persons from the EU and Switzerland who have inquiries or complaints regarding this Statement should first contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If an issue cannot be resolved by BeaconLive’s internal dispute resolution mechanism, BeaconLive has chosen JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider, to be its independent recourse mechanism for the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield. BeaconLive agrees to be bound by any decision of JAMS. Individuals may contact JAMS at https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield to address complaints. More information about JAMS is available at https://www.jamsadr.com. In the event that BeaconLive or JAMS determines that BeaconLive did not comply with this Policy, BeaconLive will take appropriate steps to address any adverse effects and to promote future compliance. Under certain circumstances, individuals may invoke binding arbitration before the Privacy Shield Panel for residual claims not otherwise resolved. In the event BeaconLive becomes subject to an order for non-compliance with the Principles, BeaconLive shall make public any relevant sanctions or other findings.
Any human resources data complaints can be addressed to the relevant EU data protection authorities (“DPAs”) directly. BeaconLive will cooperate and comply with any decision of a DPA. Please contact BeaconLive (see contact information below) to be directed to the relevant DPA. Additionally, with respect to complaints concerning human resources data that is transferred from the EU to the United States, we have agreed to participate in the dispute resolution procedures of the DPAs. Contact details for the EU data protection authorities can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm. BeaconLive will cooperate with the appropriate DPAs during investigation and resolution of complaints concerning human resources data that is transferred from the EU to the United States under the Privacy Shield.
These recourse mechanisms are available at no cost to you. Damages may be awarded in accordance with applicable law.
Under certain conditions, if you are not satisfied with the above recourse mechanisms, you may be able to invoke binding arbitration.
In cases of onward transfer to third parties of data of EU, EEA, or Swiss individuals received pursuant to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield, BeaconLive is potentially liable.
L. Notice to Residents of the European Union
Under data privacy laws of the European Union, including without limitation the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), citizens and residents of the European Union have additional rights regarding their Personal Data. Please review this section to learn more.
Legal basis of processing of Personal Data Protected by the GDPR
Beacon may process Personal Data relating to you if one of the following applies:
- you have given consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations Beacon may be allowed to process Personal Data until you object to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European Union personal data protection law;
- as necessary for the performance of an agreement with your and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- as necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Beacon is subject;
- if the processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in Beacon;
- as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Beacon or by a third party.
In any case, Beacon will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Your rights under the GDPR
You may exercise certain rights regarding your Personal Data processed by Beacon.
In particular, you have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time.
You have the right to withdraw consent where you have previously given your consent to the processing of your Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data.
You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data.
You have the right to learn if your Personal Data is being processed by Beacon, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Personal Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification.
You have the right to verify the accuracy of your Personal Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Personal Data.
You have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your Personal Data. In this case, Beacon will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed.
You have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of your Personal Data from Beacon.
- Receive your Personal Data and have it transferred to another Data Controller.
You have the right to receive their Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Personal Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on your consent, on a contract which you are part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint.
You have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in Beacon or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Beacon, you may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
You must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether Beacon is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, you may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise your rights can be directed to Beacon through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by Beacon as early as possible and always within one month.
M. Notice to California Customers - Your California Privacy Rights
Under California law, specific disclosures are required and California residents have additional rights regarding their personal information. Please review this section to learn more.
The following details the categories of Personal Information that we collect and have collected over the past twelve (12) months: Personal Identifiers, including full name and email address; information you submitted for purposes of the Services; Commercial Information; Device Information; Location Information and Internet or Other Network Activity Information; and customer service information.
Under the California Consumer Protection Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), a California consumer has the following special rights:
- The right to request that the business disclose what personal information it collects, uses, discloses, and sells;
- The right to request the deletion of their personal information collected by the business; and
- The right, at any time, to direct a business that sells personal information about the consumer to third parties not to sell the consumer’s personal information (“right to opt-out”).
Over the past twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information to service providers or other parties for business purposes: Personal Identifiers, Commercial Information
Based on our understanding of the term "sell" under the CCPA, we do not sell your Personal Information.
For any of the above mentioned rights, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In the request, you or your authorized agent must provide including information sufficient for us to confirm the identity of an authorized agent. We are required to verify that your agent has been properly authorized to request information on your behalf and this may take additional time to fulfill your request.
To exercise their rights and request copies of the data collected about them in the past 12 months, that their personal information collected be deleted or to exercise their right of opt out, California residents may make a request by filling out this form. Such request must include sufficient information to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we have collected Personal Information, and describes your request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate, and respond to it. Opt-Out Requests may be cancelled by making an Opt-In Request.
We will work to respond to your valid request within 45 days of receipt. We will not charge you a fee for making a valid request unless your valid request(s) is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that your valid request warrants a fee, we will notify you of the fee and explain that decision before completing your request.
We will use the information you provide to make your CCPA rights requests to verify your identity, identify the personal information we may hold about you and act upon your request. We strongly recommend that you submit the email that you used when you registered with the Services. After you submit a CCPA rights request using one of our forms, you will be required to verify access to the email address you submitted. You will receive an email with a follow-up link to complete your email verification process. You are required to verify your email in order for us to proceed with your CCPA rights requests. Please check your spam or junk folder in case you can't see the verification email in your inbox. If you are a California resident and have any questions regarding your CCPA rights under this Privacy Notice, please contact us at email@example.com.
Right to be free from discrimination
You may exercise any of the above rights without fear of being discriminated against. We are permitted to provide a different price or rate to you if the difference is directly related to the value provided to you by your data.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
For questions or concerns about the business’s privacy policies and practices using a method reflecting the manner in which the business primarily interacts with the consumer or to exercise your right of Opt-Out, you may contact Beacon at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Shine The Light Law
California’s "Shine the Light" law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the business' practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you wish to opt-out of our sharing of your information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes or to find out more about your opt-out rights, please contact us at:
333 North Street
2nd Floor, Suite B
Wakefield, MA 01880
California Do Not Track Disclosure
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. For information about Do Not Track, please visit: allaboutdnt.org
N. Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User's Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by Beacon in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Website.
The User declares to be aware that Beacon may be required to reveal Personal Data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about User's Personal Data
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Website and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Website (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from Beacon at any time. Please see the contact information at the end of this document.
How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
This Application does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
P. Contacting Us and Our Privacy Officer
333 North Street
2nd Floor, Suite B
Wakefield, MA 01880